Hurricane Idalia Updates
Dear LWCS Parents, Teachers, and Students,
We are monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Idalia, which could impact Central Florida starting late Tuesday evening, and we are working with the Polk County Emergency Operations Center to provide you with updated information regarding the potential impact to our area.
The current forecast shows that the storm is likely to strengthen and could become a Category 3 hurricane prior to making landfall later this week. The current forecast shows that it could make landfall between Tampa Bay and Jefferson County.
- At this time the LWCS will operate on a regular schedule on Tuesday, August 29th.
- No afterschool activity on Tuesday, August 29th.
- We will be closed/out of school on Wednesday, August 30th.
- We will evaluate our facilities on Wednesday afternoon, and make a call for school on Thursday, August 31st.
Please continue to follow our website and social media accounts for updates.
Please stay safe and make sure your family is adequately prepared.
Dr. Wayne V. Rodolfich
Lake Wales Charter Schools
Professional Services For the Old 1919 High School Building For Lake Wales Charter Schools Inc., Bok Academy North.
For more information:
- Includes personnel, payroll, procurement, facilities, budget and all other system-owned records
- To request your LWCS personnel file, contact the records custodian.
- Records duplication fee is 15 cents per page. (If extensive research is required, an additional fee may be required.)
- Records that are open for public inspection will be available within a reasonable time
- All exempt information will be redacted prior to release, pursuant to Florida Statute 119.07
All public records, subpoenas for records and/or employee directory requests should be submitted to:
Lake Wales Charter Schools Inc. Records Custodian PO Box 3309 Lake Wales, FL 33859-3309 publicrecords@