Each year, our elementary schools schedule a “Kindergarten Roundup” registration in April.
Entrance Requirements for Kindergarten
- Must be 5 years old on or before September 1st. NO early entry for Kindergarten.
- Legal certificate of birth. (A hospital certificate isn’t acceptable).
- Physical examination dated within 12 months the first day of school.
- Florida Certificate of Immunization blue or white form (required by Florida Statute 1003.22) that shows: DTaP (5 doses); MMR (2 doses); Hepatitis B (3 doses) given over 6-month period; Varicella (2 doses); Polio (4 doses OR 5 doses required if the fourth dose was administered before child’s 4th birthday.
- Social Security number.
- Two proofs of residency (e.g. voters’ registration, utility bill, rent receipt, mortgage papers).
Families can begin the registration process during Kindergarten Round-Up, but all entrance requirements (physical exam and immunizations) must be complete before the first day of school.
Requests for specific teachers won’t be accepted. Please allow our school leadership teams to place your child in the classroom where we think he/she can be most successful. At some point, each new kindergarten student will be given a 10-15 minute “Kindergarten Screening” to help us learn more about your student’s abilities and readiness to start school. Most children think this screening is fun!